Where the Only Limit is Your Imagination

Baking is my new passion! The magical smell of cake in the oven, the sweet aroma of cookies, the clicking sound of the mixer combining ingredients....

... sugar all over the counter, flour sprinkled on the floor and my clothes, food coloring all over my hands and the table.... I'm a messy baker. lol. I cant help myself, but I love every minute of it!

Starting off as a cake decorator, I began my new found occupation in culinary cheating a bit, and used mixes quite often.If its not broken, why fix it, right? I was a decorator, not a baker. I quickly realized my joy was not only in decorating but also in creating the whole package, the design of the cake along with the flavor. It is incredibly satisfying to see people's faces light up when they not only see their cake but also when they taste it. I find great joy in it! (Making a buck or two isn't bad either. ) :)

Join me in my journey as I learn and experiment with not only cake and decorating but also other pastries. I will share with you my ups and downs, my accomplishments and my disasters! There will be disasters...



Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros

In case you have never heard of them, I am a HUGE fan of The Flight of the Conchords. I just had to name this post after my very favorite song from them. This post has absolutely nothing in common with the song, except for the mere fact that there is a hippo on the cake that I am posting pictures of. I made it for a friend's birthday. She loves hippos!




 I do wish I had done something different with his eyes.



Hippo Butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment