Where the Only Limit is Your Imagination

Baking is my new passion! The magical smell of cake in the oven, the sweet aroma of cookies, the clicking sound of the mixer combining ingredients....

... sugar all over the counter, flour sprinkled on the floor and my clothes, food coloring all over my hands and the table.... I'm a messy baker. lol. I cant help myself, but I love every minute of it!

Starting off as a cake decorator, I began my new found occupation in culinary cheating a bit, and used mixes quite often.If its not broken, why fix it, right? I was a decorator, not a baker. I quickly realized my joy was not only in decorating but also in creating the whole package, the design of the cake along with the flavor. It is incredibly satisfying to see people's faces light up when they not only see their cake but also when they taste it. I find great joy in it! (Making a buck or two isn't bad either. ) :)

Join me in my journey as I learn and experiment with not only cake and decorating but also other pastries. I will share with you my ups and downs, my accomplishments and my disasters! There will be disasters...



Friday, March 11, 2011

Molten Lava Chocolate Cake

As I said in my previous post, I am always online looking at cakes and "How To" videos. I forgot to mention I have countless recipes that I have found online. Unfortunately I dont remember where I found most of them.When I do remember, I will be sure to share where I found it to give the proper person credit.

I have so many recipes sitting in my inbox, waiting to be printed. I even started sending them to Walt, my boyfriend, so he could print them for me! His work inbox is inundated with emails! He just said to me, the other night, that he might not ever catch up! lol. Maybe I should stop spending hours on end every night copying and pasting? Nah, I don't think so. He doesn't really mind (He told me he didnt). I have taken a little break from sending them to him though. .Ill give him a chance to get more of them printed first.


In my search for the perfect chocolate cake recipe, I found this one! I dont always give out my favorite cake recipes for fear that people will just make the recipes themselves instead of asking me to do do it, but I will be sharing some of them on here.This is not a recipe that I can make and send it home with someone. It needs to be served straight out of the oven. It is AMAZINGLY GOOD! So, I thought for my first "real" blogging post I would give you the gift of MOLTEN LAVA CHOCOLATE CAKE! And believe me, after eating this cake, you will fully appreciate the word "gift". Its so rich and full of chocolately goodness! And oh so easy to make! 


I made it for my family the other night. Everyone had smiles on their faces. Please, let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it! 


Enjoy!








What You Need

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup  butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 whole  eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp.  flour
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Make It

HEAT oven to 425°F.
BUTTER 4 small custard cups; place on baking sheet.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted; whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Add whole eggs and egg yolks; mix well. Stir in flour. Spoon into prepared cups.
BAKE 13 to 14 min. or until sides of desserts are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small spatula or knife around cakes to loosen; invert into dessert plates. Serve warm with COOL WHIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment